One of our goals at Sydney's Closet is to remain body positive in a world that can be hard to do just that. We want to inspire others and bring a community of women together to lift each other up and prove to everyone out there that it isn't what's on the outside, it's what's on the inside that counts!
For our Woman Crush Wednesday this week, we choose Rosalinde Traets. She started being a blogger to show girls that it's OK to be different, and we totally agree! Get to know Rosalinde a little more below!
Get to know our #WCW, Rosalinde Traets!
YouTube: Becoming Ginger
What is your trick to staying body positive?
- There isn't any real trick to stay body positive because every time there will be a voice in your head trying to make u feel bad. My tip is to find a style and clothes that fit u well and make u feel special. And always try to do things that make u feel good. I love it when my make u looks good so i spend a little more time on that in the morning just for myself
What’s your go-to look for a night out? Night in?
- My go to look for an night out is of course SPARKLE. Seriously u can never go wrong. Yesterday i found the most insane top with huge sequins on it. Wear it with a cute basic skirt and a lovely lose blazer and you are done.
Do you have a go-to makeup item?
- YES! EYELINER. I can not leave the door without a perfect wing.
If you could give any advice to yourself when you were younger – what would it be?
- Seriously do not give a fuck what other people think of u. I was in an highschool where you had your popular kids who ruled the school. And what they wore yeah that was fashion. But it where always trends i could not wear with my curves so i looked a bit silly.
Do you believe in breaking fashion rules? If so, share an example.
- YES for sure! They always say that curvy woman can not wear like thight things or that they should not wear ruffels. If u have the confidence and the body for it. seriously say fuck it. I love my ruffel shirts.
What do you wish dress designers would do for curvy customers?
- To not think of curvy woman as woman with a size 6 and just supersizing that design. That just does not work.
What item in your closet would you consider a wardrobe staple?
- A good long blazer you can throw on anything.
Give us your best beauty secret?
What's your Style Mantra?
- JUST BE THE PERSON U WANNA BE
What are your go-to accessories?
- My ginger necklace i got from my best friends and some golden bracelets
What celebrity is your red carpet goals and why?
- Oef difficult. I think i would say Demi Lovato because she just slays
What inspired you to become a fashion blogger/influencer?
- Just wanted to bring some joy to people and let girls know that being different is a good thing.
- Treat yourself. Better buy a good product once in a while then five cheap ones
Sorry if my English is not on point, I am from the netherlands haha but i tried my best!! Thank you so much. All the love, Rosalinde Traets