One of our goals at Sydney's Closet is to remain body positive in a world that can be hard to do just that. We want to inspire others and bring a community of women together to lift each other up and prove to everyone out there that it isn't what's on the outside, it's what's on the inside that counts! This Wednesday we found the perfect match for us, Jeanne DeClue. She's our Woman Crush Wednesday for more reasons than we can count! Inspiring. Fearless. Girl Boss. Need we say more? She's a plus size influencer that you MUST follow!
Get to know our #WCW, Jeanne DeClue!
What is your trick to staying body positive?
- To me, there's no trick to staying body positive. It's all about loving the skin you're in and embracing what you love about yourself. Like, I love my legs and my smile. My tummy is a trouble area, but every woman has a trouble area
What’s your go-to look for a night out? Night in?
- Whether I'm staying in or going out, you will always find me in a dress or a skirt: nightgowns, cocktail dresses, maxi dresses, yo name it. I only own a few pairs of pants. I love how feminine and comfortable dresses are.
Do you have a go-to makeup item?
- I always have on lipsticks from high-end to low-end.
If you could give any advice to yourself when you were younger – what would it be?
- Pursue anything that you want without fear. Travel the world, take chances
Do you believe in breaking fashion rules? If so, share an example.
- I believe in breaking all the rules. I always dress how I feel - from mixing patterns to white in the wintertime.
What do you wish dress designers would do for curvy customers?
What item in your closet would you consider a wardrobe staple?
- I have a black shift dress that I wear all the time. I dress it up or down. I layer it or wear it by itself. I love it.
What's your Style Mantra?
- Dress how you feel.
What are your go-to accessories?
- I love finding the perfect pair of earrings for each outfit. It really pulls a look together.
What celebrity is your red carpet goals and why?
- I think Beyonce always looks classic but she's also not afraid to do something slightly avant garde. From her hair and makeup to her shoes, she always nails it
What inspired you to become a fashion blogger/influencer?
- People have always asked me where I get my clothing from, so I thought a blog would be a perfect place to save all my favorite outfits and point people who want to shop my look.
Give us your best beauty secret?
- Confidence, moisturizing, finding what silhouettes and colors work for you and building a wardrobe from there.