Need help measuring? Watch our How to Measure Video!
Be Size Wise!
- Between dress sizes? It is always best to go up one! It's easier to take in a dress. You can't always let it out.
- Never ever guess your size in special occasion dresses.
- Measure carefully before you buy any plus-size Prom, wedding, evening or cocktail dress.
- You probably wear a different size in plus size formal dresses then in everyday clothes.
- Your bra size is not your bust size. Your bust size is the fullest measurement around your back and cups in the front of your body.
- Measure wearing the underwear you will wear under your dress.
- Use a cloth tape measure; leave the metal one for construction jobs.
- Have a professional tailor or seamstress measure you or ask a friend or family. You'll be glad you did.
- Plan on alterations for a perfect fit. Everyone needs them!