Contestants in the Miss Plus USA Pageant in Seattle, Washington last weekend looked glamorous in their plus size evening gowns
, sexy in flirty little black cocktail dresses and trendy in body-con athletic wear. But what impressed me most was not their jaw-dropping looks. It is their unwavering commitment to make a difference in their communities. These exceptional plus size pageant queens are beautiful inside and out. Just look at the platforms they opted to benefit by wearing the crown for their states and the winners for their country.
Plus Size Pageant Queens Charities
- Kayla Sly, Miss Alaska Plus USA, supports horse therapy for the mentally and physically challenged.
- Briana Boyle, Miss California USA, works with physically and mentally disabled people.
- Keyonis Shack, Miss Florida Plus USA, fights stereotypes when it comes to body image and weight.
- Holynde Gadson, Miss Georgia Plus USA, seeks to help the next generation through mentoring programs.
- Dana Toney, Miss Golden State Plus USA, campaigns to stop bullying and start building self-esteem.
- Rochelle Riddle, Miss Illinois Plus USA, concentrates her efforts on staying healthy and building a positive self image.
- Brittany Slater,Miss Iowa USA, focuses on having a positive body image
- Michel Washington, Miss Maryland Plus USA, dedicates her energy to improving financial literacy.
- Stavana Blackmon, Miss Massachusetts Plus USA, raises awareness for weight loss surgery.
- Erica Turner, Miss Mississippi Plus USA, teams up with the Boys & Girls Club of America
- Ciara Green, Miss Nevada Plus USA, works to empower people through the Arts as well as fights bullying.
- Jeanel LeBlanc, Miss New Jersey Plus USA, cultivates Arts Education in schools.
- Tanisha Frazier, Miss New York Plus USA, raises awareness about Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- Brittany Hudson, Miss Northwest Plus USA, campaigns to stop human trafficking.
- Tara de Alicante, Miss Oregon Plus USA and the winner of the pageant, brings attention to Celiac Disease.
- Nahir Robles, Miss Puerto Rico Plus USA, dedicates her efforts to pediatric cancer.
- Brittney Quarterman, Miss South East Plus USA, focuses on early childhood education.
- Treonta' Gray, Miss Texas Plus USA, concentrates on supporting homeless shelters.
- Judy Pierce, Miss Utah Plus USA, supports efforts that empower women who go into technical careers.
- Sasha Ballard, Miss Virginia Plus USA, works to raise awareness for Post-Partum Depression.
- Stefanie Burger, Miss Washington Plus USA, campaigns to build self-esteem and healthy lifestyles for women.
- Bevelyce Lamusitele, Teen American Samoa Plus USA, focuses on uplifting the needy.
- Hannah Sivret, Teen Maine Plus USA, works on getting people to volunteer in the community.
- Mackenzie Barnes, Teen Oregon Plus USA and winner of the pageant, dedicates herself to early childhood literacy.
- Andea Chango, Teen Puerto Rico Plus USA, wants to prevent child abuse.
- Caitlyn Greer, Teen Washington Plus USA, supports animal rescue and Make a Wish Foundation.
Pretty impressive! The Queens' selections showcased their intelligence, sensitivity, kindness and generosity. And I must mention that the retiring Queens Kaydee Weddell and Tracy McNeal looked glam when they crowned the new winners wearing designs from Sydney's Closet. The purple plus size ballgow
n sparkled on the stage when Kaydee crowned the new Teen winner. Watch for this year's winners to walk the red carpet in our evening gowns.