The Sydney's Closet Team is always talking about our favorite bloggers, social media personalities and style stars at the office. We really wanted to highlight the great work of some amazing plus size bloggers. With the popularity of social media increasing and more bloggers are flooding the Internet, finding some credible information is difficult but we've already been doing some of the research for you! Check out some of these awesome bloggers as they share their plus sized story.
- Why we love her: Reah is so multi-talented. Her various roles throughout the fashion, and plus size fashion, world attest to her abilities and successes. Sydney's Closet has had a direct relationship with Reah as we have grown along-side Plus Model Magazine. We love that Reah focuses on fit and stresses that a the right size (no matter the number, or letter) can make or break a look.
- Profession: Executive Fashion Director for Plus Model Magazine, Wardrobe Consultant, Fashion Show Coordinator, and plus size fashion stylist
- Based In: New York (NYC)
- Hashtag: #stylebyreah
- Why we love her: Nicolette has made great breakthroughs in the plus size blogger world. Her dedicated work to the blogger atmosphere as well as her stylish photo shoots make her one of our favorite bloggers to follow. Nicolette is not scared to show off her beautiful curves and is open to letting us into her curvy world.
- Profession: Contributing editor and columnist at Marie Claire, designer for ModCloth, and fashion maven
- Based In: New York
- Mott: "...when it comes to shopping is 'just try it on.' I rarely pay attention to the size number on a tag, and instead I assess a garment by its fabric and shape."
- Why we love her: Style! Gabifresh is ahead of the game with her 2015 swimsuit collaboration with Swimsuits for All launching for plus size ladies. We love that she is not only a plus size collaborator and blogger but is also making great strides in the fashion world in terms of design. Gabifresh is a breath of fresh air (pun intended)!
- Profession: Personal style blogger and fashion columnist contributor
- Based In: Florida (Palm Springs)
- Featured in: Glamour, InStyle, Seventeen, Cosmopolitian, etc...
- Appeared on: The Today Show, MTV VMA's, Rip the Runway, etc...
Allison Teng - Curvy Girl Chic
- Why we love her: Allison is a well-rounded blogger. She not only offers us amazing plus size fashion news and reviews but she delves into the world of personal style, lifestyle, travel and food (yum!). Reading Allison's blog is like finding a gold mine in terms of plus size fashion tips and beautiful pictures.
- Profession: Self-proclaimed shopaholic (leather jackets and shoes to be exact) and blogger of the plus size fashion world
- Based In: California
- Collaborations: Torrid, ASOS, Rachel Pally, Lane Bryant, West Seal, ELOQUII, etc...
Tanesha Awasthi - Girl With Curves
- Why we love her: Girl With Curves is fully dedicated to providing style advice for the curvy girls around the world that come in all shapes and sizes. Tanesha's blog boasts a positive outlook on the plus size world and our up-and-coming demand for better fitting apparel. Reading her blog boots our self-esteem immediately!
- Profession: fashion blogger, designer, estheitician, published writer and style maven
- Based In: California (Bay Area)
- Must Haves: skinny belt, stretch fabric, limited prints and staying on trend