Dress Trends for Prom 2013
Dying to know what's hot for Prom 2013? Wait no longer! I've got the up-to-the-minute trend alert now that Sydney's Closet finalized our 2013 Plus Size Prom Collection. No easy task even for pros like us! It took almost two months to review dozens and dozens of fab samples from Cinderella tulle ballgowns in dreamy colors to sexy jersey halters. Wish we could make them all! But sorry - we can't. (I was especially disappointed that a blue chiffon fit and flare with rhinestone trim didn't make the collection. I adored the rich cobalt color but, sadly, the beading flopped) Check out these must-have 2013 Prom dress trends if you want to go straight to the head of the fashion class!
- Black and White: dramatic color combination ultra chic and classic!
- Thrills and Frills: make fashion waves wearing a Prom gown with a skirt of cascading ruffles.
- Colorful Shades: Bye, bye boring bland hues. Bright neons light up the big night like electric pink!
- Slit Decision: add va-va-vroom glam when you dare to bare a little leg. Keep your heels very high for a real red-carpet look!
- Rock Star: bling fit for a celebrity in a dress with big chunky stones in geometric shapes splashed on the bodice, back and waist.
- Not Your Grandmother's Lace: Get ready to fall in love with the romantic look of lace made to look oh-so modern when embellished with sequins and stones.
- Prom Tail: a look borrowed from the boys who wear elegant tails on a formal evening coat . Super fresh - and fun!
- Red Hot: Make your date's heart beat faster and stand out in the crowd when you wear a red prom dress in any shade from deep dark scarlet to tangerine.
- Power to the Peplum: for a frock that really rocks find a dress with a flared ruffle at the waist to show off your curves.
- Cap Sleeves: look like a Hollywood celebrity who just stepped off red carpet wearing a Prom dress with just-over-the-shoulder tiny sleeve
"Duchess" Ball Gown SC6003 by Sydney's Closet
Be sure to let me know if you spot any hot trends I missed here! Just email me at Dear Sydney (@) Sydney's Closet (dot.com)!